Just because you can’t see your back all the time does not mean you ignore this body part. Our back is usually covered with clothes (unless you wear backless tops or blouses) which means we don’t take care of it as we do of our face. But it is important to exfoliate it from time to time to get rid of the built up dead skin cells. There’s no better way than to exfoliate it, which will scrub of this layer and add the glow in your back.
Dr Nirmala Shetty recommends trying this gentle fruit exfoliator in her book ‘Beauty At Your Fingertips’. Here’s how to make it at home.
- Take a cup of raw papaya and make it into a paste.
- To this add half cup of apple paste.
- Also add ¼ cup of honey.
- Now mix all of these to form a thick paste.
- Massage this on your back for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash off the pack with half cup of milk.
- Now wash again with lukewarm water.
This rich pack will also help de-tan your back. Even though it is a gentle exfoliator, you don’t have to use it every day. Apply it once a fortnight or month and have a smooth, glowing back.