We’ve all made at least one best out of waste projects where you make beautiful utility items from trash. Try best out of waste in your kitchen now. Fruit and vegetable peels are packed with health and beauty benefits. Why spend on expensive chemical therapies when you have amazing home remedies like these to try on? Most of these are tried and tested remedies and can be altered, depending on skin types. Here’s a list of face packs made with different peels:
Orange peel face pack
Orange has natural cleansing and bleaching properties and here is a face pack that works perfectly for oily skin. You can replace the rose water with cream or curd in case you have dry skin. You can also try these orange peel face masks.
- Mix 1 tbsp of dried orange peel powder with 1 tbsp of fuller’s earth or multani mitti.
- Add rose water or cream depending on your skin type to make a smooth paste.
- Apply it on your face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it with cold water, pat dry and moisturise.
Pomegranate peel face pack
Rich in antioxidants, pomegranate peel is known for its anti-ageing benefits. It also prevents sagging and wrinkles. You can also try this pomegranate peel mask.
- To 2 tsp of dried pomegranate peel powder, add some milk for dry skin or rose water in case you have oily skin.
- Make a smooth paste and apply it on your face and neck.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
- Use this face pack twice a week for best results.
The bleaching and antibacterial and antioxidant properties of potato peels make it a good home remedy to lighten dark spots, prevent sun tan and reduce dark circles. Rub fresh potato peels in a circular motion on your face and neck every day to lighten skin tone. Once it dries up, wash your face with cold water and moisturise. Also, read about these health and beauty benefits of potato peels.
Watermelon peel cleanser
Watermelon peel acts like your daily cleanser. Take the thick peel of watermelon and rub the inner white portion on your face and neck. Once your face is dry, wash it off with water. Pat dry and experience soft and moisturised skin. You can use it daily instead of the commercial cleanser.
Apple peel face pack
Apple peels add a glow to the skin. Here’s a quick face pack with these.
- Take 2 tbsp of apple peel powder or paste. Add 3 tbsp of buttermilk to it.
- Mix to form a smooth paste.
- Apply it on your face and neck and leave it for 25 minutes.
- Wash and pat dry. Repeat twice a week for a radiant and soft skin.